Employment in childcare services with Cornerstone Academy
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Francis of Assisi
Are you ready for a job that allows you to impact the life of a child? Cornerstone Academy provides a loving and caring environment for children and employees. We provide the necessary training for you to help develop the young minds of our future leaders. If you are ready for a rewarding career working with children, fill out the online application and email it or bring it by the center of your choice.
Positions Currently Available:
One Year Classroom Lead Teacher
The job of Lead Teacher was established for the purpose/s of providing guidance to Assistant Teachers; overseeing related learning activities; supervising and teaching children; ensuring compliance with program requirements; and coordinating communications with parents.
- Provides and environment where everyone can have a positive experience throughout the day.
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
- Treats all children, families and staff members with dignity and respect, and allow for individual differences.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized
learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers developmental specific assessment and test for the purpose of assessing the level of students’ competencies.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s
achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, assistant teacher, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of
improving the overall quality of student outcomes.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or developmental domain assignments for the purpose of
providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Supervises and interacts with children at all times; mealtimes, rest periods, restroom times, playtimes and activity times.
- Organizes age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities for the purpose of ensuring student participation in learning
- Prepares and maintains a variety of written materials (e.g. lesson plans, student records, assessments, etc.) for the
purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to
appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Supports classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or
individual student plans.
- Adheres to Cornerstone Academy’s policies and Bright From The Start rules and regulations.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of child cognitive, social, and skills development methods and techniques.
- Ability to provide basic nutrition and hygiene services for young children.
- Knowledge of Bright From The Start rules and regulations.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Must have a minimum of a CDA or Associate’s Degree, but a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least two years of classroom experience.
- Must be willing to complete all training requirements (e.g. First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety, and 18 hours of BFTS approved
- Must be able to obtain a background check clearance to work with children.